What Lutherans believe as part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America......
- The Lutheran Church confesses in the Triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - and Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the gospel as the power of God and the salvation of all who believe.
- We accept the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God and the authoritative source and norm of its proclamation, faith, and life.
Redeemer is part of the ELCA - Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. To be evangelical is to share the good news of Jesus Christ. This is our mission and purpose for existing.
To be Lutheran is a reference to our founding father, Martin Luther, who sought to reform some of the abuses he found in the Roman Catholic Church during the early 1500's in Germany. Some of those who stood by his teachings broke from the Roman Catholic Church and later formed the Lutheran church. Currently the ELCA has 4.2 million members in over 10,000 congregations. Our presiding biship is the Rev. Elizabeth Eaton.
About 250 people worship each Sunday at Redeemer. We are a culturally diverse group of people and also show diversity in other ways:
- Families and singles
- Old and young
- Those raised Lutheran
- Those raised in a different type of church
- Those who have never been affiliated with a church
There is a place for you here!